It starts with a step, then continue. Simply walking. It’s not the most rigorous exercise, but walking in your neighborhood, or through one of Delaware’s 506 miles of public trails and dedicated walkways or even a treadmill is the first hack for healthy living.
Walking is beneficial the the old and young living in our state; it’s good for athletes, for people living a holistic lifestyle and for those trying to just get in better shape – overweight, recovering from an injury, or finally starting that physical self-improvement plan that you have been planning for to long.
Motivation, determining goals, and a definitive plan are what hold most people back, or even taking that first step. I can help guide you to take that first step to a healthier life, and the second, and continue to help you achieve your goals through wellness coaching and positive reinforcement.
It’s been said, “It Takes A Village.” What I have learned over the years is that ol’ saying does not and should not apply to only children. We are in this together, we are community, we are family. My goal is to help you, provide you with qualified information from top experts to educate you, and work with you on your wellness journey.
But I am equally confident that I too, will learn from you.
Health Hacks is an online community of like-minded people who want to live a true holistic lifestyle and pursue health and wellness. Health Hacks will also a place to share holistic solutions that include, but are not limited to essential oil infused products.
We will empower one another by openly sharing our health challenges, and we will be supporting one another by openly sharing holistic methods that we have discovered thus far on this journey of life.
Tips for Reducing Stress
- Count backwards from 100 to 1.
- Find a soothing scent and diffuse it. Aromatherapy relaxes your mind.
I love Stress Away, Frankincense, and combining oils that smell like a root beer float!
- Remember to be in the present moment. The past is the past. Build your future by concentrating on each moment in front of you.
- Routine is key for maintaining a healthy balance in life. Schedule in self care, play, meals, and times to nourish your soul.
- Breathe. There are many strategies that help you to breathe properly.
Don’t hold your breath.
- Restorative yoga and taking time to meditate helps many each and everyday.
- Get outside and enjoy nature. Put your bare feet on the ground.
- Spend time with inspiring people and those you love who lift you up.
- Smile, people cannot resist a smile and will smile back.
This is a great energy exchange!
- Clean your space. If it’s stressful, clean one part – a corner, make a bed, and enjoy that and celebrate. Get to the next spot another time.
- Start a new hobby!
- Create a motivational playlist. Create a calming playlist. Music nourishes the soul.
- Give to others.
It’s better to give than receive.
Visit the sick, take a meal, help a neighbor with a project.
Make new friends as you volunteer for an organization.
- Get to the root cause of your stress. Track what stresses you and begin to eliminate what you are able to.
No stressful situation is worth your health.
- Life is the story we tell ourselves in our mind each day. Tell yourself the story that serves you well.
Be positive in what you say to yourself and watch as the positive unfolds.
Be intentional in how you speak in your mind and in your daily life.